Friday, May 16, 2014

Revision tips


Hello Everyone! It's that time of the year where you may be starting to prepare yourself for your exams, or maybe you've already started. I therefore thought it would be a good time to share with you some of my tips, since I am also myself starting to prepare myself for my exams this year, (I'm graduating college).
Please remember that there is no right or wrong way to revise, you need to go with what you feel like is the best for you, so here are some of the tricks I have picked up through the years as a student, hope they can help or give you guys some inspiration :)

1) Preparation
Prepare yourself. Make a list of all your notes, if you haven't written down notes in all of your classes, then plan how long you think it is going to take you to get these notes written down,(it always takes a lot longer than what you actually think), and start as soon as possible. Collect all of your written notes and textbooks and read them trough and start making notes.

2) Organize
Once you've got all of your notes it's time to organize! Organize your notes in a way that makes them quick and easy for you to find and read. You can even make a list, where you write down what subjects you want to revise on for different days. This leads me to my next tip which is planning.

3) Planning
Planning can really be the main key when it gets to revision. Wether you want to write an entire timetable down for everything, or if you just want to have an idea of how long you think it might take, planing is always a great step.

4) Read it out loud
Like i mentioned before you should go with whatever you feel like will help you! So this tip might not help you, but why not try and give it a go, you never know it might turn out to be your best way of learning/rembering your notes. I personally like to have my notes in front of me, where I highlight all the key words, it makes your notes just a tad bit more interesting to look at. When all that is done i like to read through them a couple of times, whereafter i like to pretend like I'm doing a presentation. This makes me read it out loud because like I said I'm pretending like I'm doing a presentation of something. The more I read it out loud the easier and quicker it becomes to remember my notes, which eventually will make me remember my notes without having to look at my notes.

5) Take breaks
A really important thing while revising is taking breaks! I'm not saying that your breaks should be hours long, but just enough time to kind of rest your mind and let all the informaftion from your notes sink in. In some of my breaks I love to go for a walk. It's a good way of getting your mind off of things and latting you brain have a break and just relax and get some fresh air.

6) Music
I can sometimes find it really hard to concentrate if it's too quiet. Therefore music is like one of my lifesavers when it gets to studying and revision! I always put on my favourite kind of music or just any om my favourite songs at the moment, and it really just makes everything a bit easier and less stressfull.

7)Food and Drinks
Ok we can't forget about eating and drinking! It's important for your entire system and brain to get something to eat. Whether you prefer healthy or unhealthy food and drinks getting something to eat and drink is very important, because you need energy. It varies from what i like to eat and drink, but I love having a plate with different kind of snacks and fruits, that can easily be eaten. Drink wise I love having somthing that is fresh and cold during the day, whereas when it starts to get later I love to switch over to some tea. 

8) Sleep, sleep and sleep!
I have to be honest I am so bad at getting enough sleep, which isn't very good ofcourse since our brains need to relax (ooopss)….
I always tend to revise later in the the day than what I should, which ends up with me going to bed way to late! So make sure you get enough of sleep, that way you will feel more fresh and ready the next day for revision
. 


These were just some of the things/tips that I think are important while revising. My exams are coming up very soon in fact I already have two exams next week, so I would love to hear if you have any tips that you really like for revision. Hope you liked it, and good luck to all of you who also have exams this year! Remember to work hard and don't panic or stress, because trust me it will all be worth it in the end!
Love, Jazmine :) <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12184793/?claim=w8pz54njsek">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
 

No comments:

Post a Comment